From Jamie's Philippines Pics

We have also had the opportunity to travel to some amazing places in China, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Bali. We have archived all of our travels and living experiences abroad; and if you wish, you can read about our adventures by finding the archives on the right of this page and by checking our Photo Album.

We appreciate all of our family and friends who have stayed in touch and emailed us with encouraging words throughout the year. We hope you will continue to keep us in your thoughts as we continue our adventure of living abroad teaching at an international school. For those who have stumbled upon our site, check out the "About Eric and Jamie" section on the right for more information.

Thanks for checking us out!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
- Mark Twain

"Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- Maya Angelou

Eric
School: ebrown@isgdh.org

Home: ebrown2324@gmail.com

Jamie

School: jbrown@isgdh.org

Home: jkwbrown@gmail.com

Skype: "ericandjamie"


PICASA PHOTO ALBUM

MESSAGE BOARD


Saturday, November 7, 2009

Busy Times



Some of you may feel like the above photo. Some of you might not have any idea what it is talking about. Nonetheless, we all can be connected somehow.

Jamie and I have been busy the last couple of weeks finalizing our curriculum vitae and applications gearing up for our job search. I just finished applying to one school in Beijing and we are crossing our fingers on that one. We'll see. We plan on attending an international job fair in Bangkok, Thailand (yes, we'll be back at the scene of my most recent horrors). Some 30 or 40 schools will be there and we might land a job there that we like. We enjoy where we are now, but there are some interesting options out there in the international teaching world that also appeal to us.

My diet is going well. No chocolate, nuts, and black tea. I have switch to white chocolate some and have switched to the sugary candy of starbust and skittles. The only time I break it is when we go to our favorite Chinese food restaurant and I eat the peanuts in the dish because it is too frustrating to pick them out with chopsticks. I still drink about 2 or 3 liters of water per day, which I have found is actually not that bad. I've taken up drinking more lemonade too.

I would like everyone to be thinking and praying for my family in TN. My grandfather fell and broke his upper leg, so he will be in a nursing home for about 3 or 4 weeks. It'll be a strain on the family there.

On another note, I am gearing up to begin my research for my dissertation. My friend over here and graciously agreed to help and she's been translating documents for me into Chinese and will accompany me to the interviews with the high school economics teacher. I will also be interviewing economics teachers in Georgia via Skype or video conferencing. Or at least I hope it works out that way.

Hope all is well everyone else's direction. I haven't received an email from anyone in quite some time, but I understand everyone is busy. Just try and stay in touch with the million options we seen to have today at our disposal.

No comments:

Buy a Kindle Here!