|From Jamie's Philippines Pics|
We have also had the opportunity to travel to some amazing places in China, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Bali. We have archived all of our travels and living experiences abroad; and if you wish, you can read about our adventures by finding the archives on the right of this page and by checking our Photo Album.
We appreciate all of our family and friends who have stayed in touch and emailed us with encouraging words throughout the year. We hope you will continue to keep us in your thoughts as we continue our adventure of living abroad teaching at an international school. For those who have stumbled upon our site, check out the "About Eric and Jamie" section on the right for more information.
Thanks for checking us out!
- Mark Twain
- Maya Angelou
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Winter Holiday Trip
Just finished booking our initial flight to Lijiang where we will start our next trip for the winter break. Lucked out on some tickets by actually messing up the booking and then getting a better rate when I had to rebook. I'm not sure how well you can see the #s above on the picture, but I'll list them in order of what our plan is.
1) Leave Shenzhen on a direct flight to Lijian, China in the Yunnan province - here we will hike Tiger Leaping Gorge among other things
2) Take a 3-4 hour bus ride to Dali to check out some more scenery in this backpacker paradise.
3) Take either an overnight bus or train to Kunming to check out the city and surrounding sites.
4) Take a 28 hour bus ride south to Luang Prabang, Laos. Here we will enjoy this UNESCA Heritage Site and hang out with the Laotians.
5) Take a 5-6 hour bus to Vang Vieng, Laos where the highlight is apparently tubing down a lazy river.
6) Take a 3-4 hour bus ride to Vientiane, the capital of Laos for site seeing.
7) Take a flight from Vientiane to Bangkok, Thailand for our job fair and hopefully land a great job for 2010-2011.
More details to come on this, but I wanted to go ahead and set up the geography.