From Jamie's Philippines Pics

We have also had the opportunity to travel to some amazing places in China, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Bali. We have archived all of our travels and living experiences abroad; and if you wish, you can read about our adventures by finding the archives on the right of this page and by checking our Photo Album.

We appreciate all of our family and friends who have stayed in touch and emailed us with encouraging words throughout the year. We hope you will continue to keep us in your thoughts as we continue our adventure of living abroad teaching at an international school. For those who have stumbled upon our site, check out the "About Eric and Jamie" section on the right for more information.

Thanks for checking us out!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
- Mark Twain

"Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- Maya Angelou

Eric
School: ebrown@isgdh.org

Home: ebrown2324@gmail.com

Jamie

School: jbrown@isgdh.org

Home: jkwbrown@gmail.com

Skype: "ericandjamie"


PICASA PHOTO ALBUM

MESSAGE BOARD


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spirit Week

I'm not really sure why, but this week has been Spirit Week at school. Among my followers, you haven't made a mistake, we had another Spirit Week. Our Student Council was charged with getting some ideas for dress up days together and came up with something similar to last time:

Monday - Crazy Hair/Hat Day
Tuesday - Tacky Day
Wednesday - Teacher-Student Mix Up Day
Thursday - Twin Day
Friday - Spirit Day

Jamie and I have dressed up for all days. Crazy hair day was fun for me because my hair is probably the longest it has been since I was 12. Tacky day was fun because I didn't have to worry about what I wore. Dress like a student day was the most fun because I was able to wear basketball shorts and my old school 3/4 length Braves t-shirt and a "hoodie." Jamie and I both wore a light blue button up shirt, black belt, black shoes, and light khakis for Twin Day.

Sizes in China are a bit odd here. We went by this week to purchase some polo shirts from the school to show our Spirit. Jamie had to get a medium when she is really a small. Earlier in the year, she was appalled she had to buy a large dress. I tried on a xxL but it didn't fit, and remember I've lost about 15 pounds. Jamie got her shirt, but unless I wanted to look like a little boy who'd outgrown his clothes, I decided to pass. Cool lookin polos though.

We only took pictures of Twin Day. I'll get it up soon and post it back on this post.

No comments:

Buy a Kindle Here!