|From Koh Chang Island|
Our 19 day stay in Thailand was much anticipated. We had been told how nice the people were and how we'd love it. Here is a list of things we enjoyed and didn't enjoy
Enjoyed (in no particular order)
1) Chiang Mai - great little town with a ton to do. Our guesthouse, Green Tulip, was awesome
2) Bangkok Temples - temples themselves are great and very beautiful, the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho was especially cool
3) Ferry Rides up and down river in Bangkok - cheap and a great way to see the city, also took us to Wat Arun, which our favorite temple.
4) Flight of the Gibbons - our little treetop zipline adventure, very fun!
5) Koh Chang Island - very relaxing and lazy little island with a lot of character, beautiful beaches, and great food
6) Food - overall, excellent
1) Bangkok - just a large city with rather unfriendly people. Never knew who you could trust, so you didn't trust anyone, mentally tiring
2) Magic Resort - on Koh Chang Island, perhaps the most unhelpful workers of any place I've ever stayed. Accommodations left little to be desired
3) Train Timetables - if that is what you want to call them, but don't ever assume the trains will be remotely on time
4) Tuk Tuks and Taxi's - had to force them to use the meter or most just refused to. We got tired of walking away trying to find an honest taxi/tuk tuk driver
5) Temple fatigue - they were nice, but after a while, once you have seen one, you've seen them all it seems. Much like visiting European cathedrals from what I've been told.
That is all I can think of for now without consulting Jamie. I might go back and edit this post.
Check out all of our pictures. I'll be working in the coming days to actually get some captions on them. Picasa makes it really easy to place captions on them, so there is really no excuse other than the time it takes to go through what I guess is 1000s of pictures. If I was smart, I'd do it when I uploaded them, but I guess I'll learn one day.
Let me know what you think!