From Jamie's Philippines Pics

We have also had the opportunity to travel to some amazing places in China, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Bali. We have archived all of our travels and living experiences abroad; and if you wish, you can read about our adventures by finding the archives on the right of this page and by checking our Photo Album.

We appreciate all of our family and friends who have stayed in touch and emailed us with encouraging words throughout the year. We hope you will continue to keep us in your thoughts as we continue our adventure of living abroad teaching at an international school. For those who have stumbled upon our site, check out the "About Eric and Jamie" section on the right for more information.

Thanks for checking us out!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
- Mark Twain

"Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- Maya Angelou

Eric
School: ebrown@isgdh.org

Home: ebrown2324@gmail.com

Jamie

School: jbrown@isgdh.org

Home: jkwbrown@gmail.com

Skype: "ericandjamie"


PICASA PHOTO ALBUM

MESSAGE BOARD


Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 8 - Transfer from Coron to Boracay

The last 24 hours has been tough. I know, I know, I don't think I'll get sympathy from anyone back home reading this; but despite island hopping in the Philippines, I have had: my big toe nail rip off, a sore on the bottom of my foot that sand does not cure, sunburn on my back, and just last night I might have ate something that really upset my stomach (if you know what I mean).

Nonetheless, we woke up this morning and have been shuffled around the Philippines ever since. After a transport to the Busuanga airport in Coron, we were delayed for 1 hour. After a 1 hour flight to Manila, we were delayed 4 hours before our flight to Kalibo. Catilclan, the "gateway to Boracay," was not accepting our plane, so we had to fly to Kalibo. We were then transported by bus for an hour and a half, a quick ferry, then another transport to our hotel, the Villa de Oro right on Boracay beach.

I feel better, but have not eaten. Jamie just found me some sour cream and onion Pringles and... a DR. PEPPER. I am hoping my stomach settles.

Tomorrow and the next day, we'll hang out on the beach here in Boracay before heading to Cebu for a day, then Panglao Island.

1 comment:

Boracay Hotels said...

Nice, you got a right choice to go in boracay, you won't regret it, because boracay is paradise, there a good atmosphere there, especially in nightlife. Thanks for those photos. Loved it.



Tanya Gemarin

Buy a Kindle Here!