|From Jamie's Philippines Pics|
We have also had the opportunity to travel to some amazing places in China, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Bali. We have archived all of our travels and living experiences abroad; and if you wish, you can read about our adventures by finding the archives on the right of this page and by checking our Photo Album.
We appreciate all of our family and friends who have stayed in touch and emailed us with encouraging words throughout the year. We hope you will continue to keep us in your thoughts as we continue our adventure of living abroad teaching at an international school. For those who have stumbled upon our site, check out the "About Eric and Jamie" section on the right for more information.
Thanks for checking us out!
- Mark Twain
- Maya Angelou
Monday, September 22, 2008
I haven't posted in a while but things have really slowed down for us. It is about to pick up again in several areas though, so stay tuned. Here are 7 things that will catch you up:
1) We leave this weekend for Cambodia. Keep checking back for updates. They have plenty of Internet service and I'll be taking a million pictures particularly when we get to Angkor Wat next Tuesday.
2) We are finalizing our topics for our dissertations; and once finalized, we will be hitting that pretty hard to finish within about a year or so. It has been since January since we finished our comprehensive exams, but the move to China has slowed our work. We are settled enough now to seriously start working on it.
3) We are looking into shipping Griffey over here. Frankly, I really miss my dog and want him over here. It is doable but really expensive. I dare not post how much because people will think I'm crazy. Let's just say it would be cheaper for us to ship a human being over.
4) Our work is still great. Kids are settled in just as we are. We are winding down our first quintile and will do so the week after our first break. Kids have to pass with either an A or B so many are busy retesting, rewriting, and re-everythinging. I just made up a word.
5) Jamie and I are missing some food from home. We have already planned out where we will eat when we get off the plane next June. My goodness how we miss Zaxby's and Chik-fil-a!!! I, of course, miss Chilis and their southwestern egg rolls. Good ol milk sounds good right now with some pinto beans and cornbread. Yummy! We'll stick to eating rice, chicken, pork, meat, and veggies.
6) We had 2 packages sent from home on August 21/22. They have not arrived. It says they were attempted to be delievered and they are in some sorting center in China. That's nice. China is a large country with 1.3 billion people. We are convinced that our packages are in Mongolia and they are enjoying our DVDs. We figure either we'll get these packages sometime in the next month or they will be sent back to the states.
7) We've learned a new term. TIC = This is China. Most of the time, this will be the answer when you question why something is the way it is. TIC explains everything yet doesn't explain anything. Go figure...
That's about it! Number of hits to the website have gone down and I have had a follower sign up in about a week. We are up to 22 now, so if you are reading this and have not signed up to be a follower, please do. Take care... Go Vols!!! and for this week, Go Dawgs!!!